Responsible Care is the chemical industry’s initiative to improve health, environmental performance, enhance security, and to communicate with stakeholders. Through the sharing of information and a system of checklists, performance indicators and verification procedures, Responsible Care enables the industry to demonstrate how it’s environmental, health, safety and security performance has improved over the years, and to develop policies for further improvement.
Atlantic Bulk Carrier strives for continuing improvement in the responsible transportation of liquid and dry bulk materials. It is our goal to provide the most reliable, on-time, error free and cost effective service to all our customers. We are committed to the implementation of the guiding policies and principles of the Responsible Care Program.
Responsible Care Policy
- We will lead our company in ethical ways that increasingly benefit our stakeholders, the economy and the environment.
- We are committed to continual Environmental, Health, Safety and Security improvement driven by setting and reviewing goals and objectives.
- We will comply with all laws and regulations as well as other requirements we have adopted such as Responsible Care.
- We will communicate our performance and initiatives to employees, customers and other stakeholders.
Mark W. Short
Our Management System that we have in place includes all of the elements that are a part of the Responsible Care Program. The leaders and managers of Atlantic Bulk Carrier have long held a commitment to the guiding principles of the Responsible Care Program, even before becoming a partner company. The goal of protecting our employees and the general public from harm, while safely and securely transporting our customer’s products, has always been a cornerstone of our company’s operations.
- Annually the management team will discuss Environmental, Health, Safety & Security hazards and prioritize our risks
- Establish Goals and Objectives
- Establish and Document Training
- Communicate Responsibilities
- Processes and Procedures Identified
Performance Measurement and Corrective Action
- Self – Assessment – Measure and Evaluate Performance
- Internal/External Audits – Maintenance of Records
- Non- Conformance Reports – Measurements
Management Systems Review
- Management Review Meetings
- Performance Trends
No Injuries • No Crashes • No Loss of Product
For Questions Contact:
Laura Newmark | moc.klubcitnalta@aruaL
Area Manager & Responsible Care Coordinator